The information below provides a summary of the key ways in which the The Vera Fletcher Hall (VFH) may use your personal information.
Personal Information we hold
Personal information we collect may include:
- your name, title
- gender (where you choose to provide this)
- postal address, email address and phone number
- ticket purchase and event registration / attendance
- hall hire
Legal basis for using your information
Under data protection legislation, we are only allowed to use personal information if we have a proper reason or ‘legal basis’ to do so. In the case of The Vera Fletcher Hall , there are a number of these ‘legal grounds’ we rely on, which are:
Our statutory and public functions:
Vera Fletcher Hall is a registered charity. The objects of the VFH are to promote the benefit of the inhabitants of Thames Ditton and the neighbourhood in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation and leisure time occupation.
Where you have given your consent to the Vera Fletcher Hall, for example:
- where you have opted in to receive marketing messages from us; or
- you have asked us to resolve an issue or complaint for you; or
- you agree that testimonials or photographs can appear on our website or other supporter materials (such as our seasonal brochure)
For the ‘performance of a contract’, for example:
- in connection with the purchase of ticket to attend one of our theatre events
- in connection with the hire of the hall on an ad hoc or regular basis
How we collect your information
We may collect your information in several different ways:
- Most of the information we hold is provided directly by you. For example, you may give us your information in order to purchase a ticket or sign up for one of our events, request our newsletter, make a donation or hire the hall for a one-off event or on a regular basis.
- You may also have provided us with your information if you are a VFH Volunteer, Trustee, Patron or any other type of supporter or member of the Vera Fletcher Friends.
How we use your personal information
VFH uses your personal information in the following ways:
- To maintain an accurate record of your relationship with us and manage your contact preferences; and
- Where you have agreed, to send you information about the Theatre Events
If you have agreed to receive our newsletter, we will send you regular updates that will include information about the VFH’s theatre events.
Sharing personal information
The Vera Fletcher Hall does not share the personal information contained on our data base with third parties.
Length of time we keep your information
The VFH will retain personal information in line with its data retention policy. This means that we will not hold information for longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for.
To ensure that we do not retain inaccurate, out-of-date or irrelevant information, information will be regularly reviewed and we will delete anything that we no longer need.
Keeping your information secure
We take the privacy of our customers and supporters very seriously and a range of robust policies, processes and technical measures are in place to control and safeguard access to, and use of, personal information associated with VFH.
Your information rights
If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletters or other updates you receive from us, please use the link we include at the end of every marketing email. You can also update your contact preferences at any time by contacting us at one of the addresses below or using the “update your preferences” link at the foot of every marketing email.
Under data protection legislation you are entitled to ask to see any personal information that we hold about you and be given details of how we use that information, and where we obtained it from.
Changes to this page
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this statement from time to time, so check back here regularly to find out more. Your continued use of the site will mean that you accept those revisions. This page was last updated in May 2018.